Justen and I started dating two years ago in January, so we got to experience calendar years together, which was so fun. This is our first New Years Day to New Years Eve being married, so I wanted to document it all with monthly little recaps!
J A N U A R Y
Coffee shops visited: 3
Hidden River Roasters
4 – Spent the evening with my friend Anna.
5 – Camas First Friday, Clue Edition. Lots of sweets. Went to Hidden River Roaster.
6 – Took a girl I know shopping at Target, babysat for our friends.
7 – Justen & Andrew’s birthday party.
10 – I met up with Jackeline from Jarmendjai at Albina Press for great coffee + great convo. 2 years since we met. Stopped at Thatcher’s, where we met.
11 – Adriana came over + we exchanged Christmas gifts and watched Pitch Perfect
12 – Went to Heathen Brewing for Justen’s birthday dinner
13 – We went to Seattle for Bee + Kat’s Harry Potter themed wedding. Stopped at the Starbucks Reserve.
14 – Baby Lauren was born!
18 – Our 2nd dating anniversary. Justen used his birthday money to take us to Red Robin.
27 – Drove to Bainbridge Island for Auden’s 2nd birthday.
29 -Â Coffee with my dad, Bachelor with Maria.
30 -Â Coffee with my friend Marlis. Budget meeting dinner at Cheesecake Factory.
Books read: Living Well, Spending Less and The Woman in Cabin 10.
Blog posts written:
- 2018 Goals
- January Goals
- December Birchbox Review
- January Goals: Organize Bathroom Closet
- Cinnamon Wild Orange Mocha
- January Birchbox Review
- 15 ways to unwind at the end of the day
- Friday Mood | January 28, 2018
- January 2018 Debt Repayment Recap
- This one! 😀
Things accomplished from my 101 in 1001 list:Â
- No spend month (#6) *FINISHED!
- Reviewed 2 months of Birchboxes (#39)
- Posted 10 new blog posts (#40)
- Started Project 12 (#42)
- Visited 2 coffee shops (#47)
- Created a signature espresso drink (#48) *FINISHED!
- Tried a new recipe (#50)
- Read 2 books (#57)
- Started my empty shelf to keep books I read (#58)
- Finished watching the Harry Potter series (#61) *FINISHED!
- Bought fresh flowers (#68)
HP themed wedding…. WHY did I not think of that?! so fun & love the photos! also, doing monthly recaps during the first few years of marriage is super fun & you will be glad you did it and have it to look back on!
I did them for the first 4 full years of us being married & just created 2 Shutterfly phonebooks that hold our memories of our first 4 years! and I’m so glad I stuck with it! 🙂