1. Who are you?
Stephanie Orefice. By the end of the year I’ll be Stephanie Martian and that is so weird to me.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
#1. Quality Time is my Love Language #2. I’m REALLY BAD at texts/messages/emails/etc. #3. I cry a lot.
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Drinking coffee, thrifting, listening to Bruno Mars, and thinking I should blog.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
I wasn’t that great at school. I cared less about the subjects and more about the teachers.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Transition into being married without losing all of my money, haha. I just want to have combined finances with Justen and be able to start our journey to being debt free together.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Debt free, still appreciating being married to Justen, maybe starting a family but we’ll see.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I think I’m more childlike. I like having fun and silly things, but I think I’ve grown into my brain enough to not be childish.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Just because you ask nicely doesn’t always mean you get what you ask for. Like this… Ernie, can I have $400 please? See, I asked nicely and the answer was still no.”
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
Oh. Such a great question. Maybe a cop out, but “Where You’re At” by Allen Stone
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Actually, yes! I took karate when I was in 4th grade 🙂
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
I think life stays the same. There are ups and downs but they always balance out, and that’s how I like it.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Nah. It’s definitely part of it, but I think time + a bitter heart will keep picking an emotional scab. There has to be a willingness to move on in order for healing to start.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Sweatpants, cozy socks, coffee.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Losing your luggage, for sure. Sorting out tangled lights is something you can solve. Like… the solution is to keep a cool head and just untangle the lights. Losing your luggage is in a different realm.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Pretty good! I’ve lived with my mom for most of my adult life and we’ve had our ups and downs, but we have a pretty good relationship! and my dad and I try to get weekly coffee dates and I can tell him any and everything.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Sometimes! I try to be observant; sometimes I notice things that aren’t really important. I try to be observant of people I’m around and how they’re acting/responding.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
The truest thing I know is that every single day on this earth is the greatest act of grace ever shown.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I straight up didn’t want to be anything. I always expected I’d die before I was 18… then before I was 20… so it took awhile for me to come to terms with the fact that I was appearing to become an adult.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
I don’t think I’ve ever been given a second chance, but I think I’ve been shown grace.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I think it depends. With text and Facebook messages, I’m a taker. With time and willingness to invest it, I’m a giver. With gifts, I’m 50/50.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I think so, but I also tend to make decisions with a realistic outlook, but I do try to keep an open heart and mind.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Probably when I had my most extreme gall bladder attack. I went to the ER and stuff. It was pretty bad.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Definitely a few years ago when I briefly dated one of my close friends and then he was the worst person I’ve ever met.
25. Who have you hugged today?
Lucy and Layla Halter 🙂
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Justen sent me a Starbucks card so he could “take me on a date” even though we’re far away from each other.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
I still have so much to learn it’s bananas.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A. The whole triangle of exposure photography thing
C. Espresso beverage making
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
I actually remember what people say more than anything else, which is weird because people usually encourage you that people remember who you are more than what you say, but I definitely remember what people say.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
For Justen and I, complete honesty. and really, truly putting the other person’s feelings before our own (even if sometimes we have to take a minute to regroup and re-prioritize). Just open, honest lines of communication.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A. Have a net work of $1,000,000
C. Lose a substantial amount of weight
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A. I don’t
B. think there’s
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Nah. Maybe that kids are tiny humans and deserve to be treated as such, but that’s it.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
30’s: Flappers, maybe?
40’s: I’m pretty sure there was a war. Hitler war.
50’s: My parents were born during this time!
60’s: Good music.
70’s: Hippies and love.
80’s: Mt. St. Helens blew up, and then I was born.
90’s: Boy bands! and also butterfly clips and bonne bell glitter/lip smackers and Home Improvement and Tiger Beat and Spice Girls.
2000: More Boy Bands, and MySpace aka the golden years of my life haha
2010’s: All. the. change. Nonstop. Change.
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Probably the 2000’s. I feel like I only really started experiencing life in the latter part of the 90’s. The 2000’s brought about MySpace, which was the happiest period of my life, haha.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Hide Nor Hair by Ray Charles.
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
I don’t want to talk about it.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Probably that dumb ION Network because it has Criminal Minds reruns and I literally NEVER get tired of Criminal Minds.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I hate this question, but I guess if anything I’d be like Hans because if I am like a Disney villain, I’m sure not the obvious villain type. Plus he did some singing and dancing.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly, for sure. Boats over the ocean make me kind of want to throw up, seriously.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Well I’d have to say that the sky isn’t always blue during the day. But at night, without lights at all, everything is black. That’s like asking why a table is brown in the day and black at night. Everything is black when the lights are off.
43. What does your name mean?
Crowned Jewel Goldsmith. Very thematic.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Outer space for sure because the deeps of the ocean literally make me want to throw up just thinking about them.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Pink: sparkle hearts
Magic: Harry Potter
Clash: of the Titans (is that even a thing? omg where did that come from)
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
Madeleine L’Engle, easy peasy.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
Bruno Mars or John Mayer
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Legally Blonde 2. I also love Legally Blonde but I could probably watch 2 on repeat.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Pills to sleep, a bunch of books (none coloring) and cozy sleeping stuff.
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved?
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: a grove of fruit that seems to have no end
Ambytime: the time of day when you take pills to go to sleep?
Asscactus: someone who gets butthurt really easily.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
The bed… does that count? Aside from that, I made flower is with the girls a few days ago.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Probably Barbies, but I honestly have no idea.
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Like I am witnessing magic. I get really excited and sometimes I cry 🙂
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
59. What is your idea of paradise?
A summer at Camp Arnold with all of my best friends.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
Yeah. I believe he is all knowing and patient and just and unknowable.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven’t?
IDK. Maybe spent a school year living on people’s couches and wandering up and down the west coast?
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I don’t know if I’m the best person to decide that.
64. Are you a patient person?
To some extent. Beyond a certain point I lose it.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn’t?
Hug an Only Child Day or Celebrate Your Single Friends Day
66. What holiday shouldn’t exist but does?
National Siblings Day, haha.
67. What’s the best joke you ever heard?
Knock Knock (who’s there?)
Britney (Britney who?)
Knock Knock (who’s there?)
Oops, I did it again.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
Camp Arnold 🙂
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Natural at this point
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I think I’m pretty much up front. Makes life a lot easier.
71. What is under your bed right now?
A lot of papers. and stuff I should probably get rid of.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
It depends on who was with me 🙂
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
For the most part, I never speed. Sometimes I will if I’m not paying attention, but I’ll immediately fix that.
74. What is the world’s best song to dance to?
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
The girls and I danced to 24K Magic the other day.
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
The elephants 🙂
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
Not at all.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Oh my gosh what. Probably not. We’d all just freak out and end up killing each other off or we’d last until our planet became scorching hot on one side and freezing cold on the other. Or something, I literally don’t know.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Um… blogging and/or thrifting/Poshmarking
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
The right to post our opinions on Facebook.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
Watching TV, no questions
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Bravery and courage in the face of emotional, physical, spiritual danger. A willingness to protect others at the risk of oneself.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
Probably the Peanuts.
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
Thinking about the bottom of the ocean.
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
Starbucks iced coffee
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
Not to the extreme.
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
A sweet note from Justen and a Starbucks gift card <3
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. So…
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
No. OMG ew, I hate this idea. Yuck. Scary.
92. What insects are you afraid of?
Any/all of them if they come out of nowhere.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work or JULIO GET THE STRETCH
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
Basically my whole life from like 2006-2012
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
Probably the Starbucks S’mores bars, just saying.
96. What are your parents interested in?
My mom likes doing crafts (but never has enough time)- she likes thrifting and watching crime shows. My dad enjoys helping people and he’s really great at cooking. He loves the Raiders and Yankees.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
I used to do that all the time as a kid, especially with potato bugs!
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Plans. Wishes don’t have any concrete action associated with them.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
I literally don’t like what life energy means.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
Tent, sleeping bag + book
101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically?
A warm blanket on a cold/chilly evening. Safe and cozy.
102. List five people you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.
A Justen Martian
B My parents
C The Nottles
D The Halters
E The McWilliams
103. How many movies have you gone to see this month?
NONE! But I’m getting ready to see ALL THE MOVIES.
104. If you could have 3 wishes…but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for?
I would wish for Layla Halter to have the choice of if she has hair or not, I would wish for prior knowledge that my time with Donna was limited, and I would wish for someone to come into my life who is really good at teaching people time management.
105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?
I binge watch TV shows. Probably not the most productive, but it gets the job done!
106. How much money would it take to get you to drive to school naked in the springtime and get out of the car?
There is no amount.
107. Have you ever killed an animal?
No… once I did hit a possum, but when I drove back it was gone. So maybe yes. but I didn’t see it.. which is good. I hope the possum is okay!
108. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
Yes, my friend Donna.
109. What do you think of cloning?
I think cloning sounds cool in theory but I think messing with nature that much is really super dangerous!
110. Do you read or watch TV more often?
Definitely watch TV more often, though I wish reading was more of my go-to.
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?
I am, but I do think its a slippery slope, so I don’t expect it ever to be a good/best option.
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?
I have no idea and I’m so glad it’s not up to me.
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?
I think I’ve been on the news, like in the background!
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?
When I was younger I won a book giveaway where I got a Secret World of Alex Mack board game! I have no idea what happened to that game.
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
Not that I can remember!
117. Do you like to watch The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross ?
I’ve heard great things about it, but I’ve never actually watched it!
118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?
Oh weird… I know that my paternal grandfather was a fire fighter, but that’s it! Also he’s the only one I never met, so it’s strange that he’s the only one whose job I know!
119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?
120. Is there anyone you trust completely?
Justen Martian 🙂
121. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye?
Yeah, kind of. I didn’t get to say a final goodbye but I walked away knowing it was the last time I’d ever see them.
122. How do you feel about women in politics?
Get it, girls! I love it.
123. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool?
OOoh. Maybe an indoor jacuzzi! I think I’d get more use out of a jacuzzi in general.
124. What things are you interested in that you study or read about on your own?
Self-help. So I’m interested in myself! haha.
125. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent?
126. Would you consider yourself to be wise?
I’d be more likely to consider myself wise than intelligent, I’ll say that much!
127. Have you ever given or received a lap dance?
128. Have you ever spoken to a homeless person?
129. Would you ever creep into the subway tunnels to go exploring?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! NEVER! Oh gosh that gives me the newbie jeebies!
130. If you could add 70 years to your life but only by making some random person die 70 years sooner would you?
Nope, because if I lived a fairly long healthy life I wouldn’t want to live 70 more years!
131. Can you finish any of the following lyrics?
A: Nothing to kill or die for…
B: Late comings with the late comin’ stretcher…
C: I could make a film and make you my star…
132. Were you ever with someone while they died?
133. Would you rather be a world political leader or a rock star?
Actually neither, but in my life I would’ve said rock star so I’ll go with that.
134. Have you ever given someone a love letter that you wrote?
135. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail?
Yeah! I love doing that!
136. Are you looking forward to any concerts right now?
Nope, not at the moment.
137. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you’ve ever seen?
Oh my word. It’s a close tie between The Lion King and Aladdin. It’s always a tie between those two.
138. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving?
Ben Rector, hands down! He’s not a band, but still.
139. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished?
Space Shuttles! It blows my mind. That and the internet. Two things I’ll never be able to comprehend.
140. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you?
Be kind 🙂
141. About how many emails do you get a day?
UGH like 50.
How many of those emails are junk mail?
How many of them are forwards?
Oh man! We’re out of the time of forwards, but those were fun.
142. What’s your favorite thing to do online besides write in your diary and hang out at this site?
Wow, this is dating this survey, which was finished in 2006. Pinterest and looking at other people’s blogs (and then wishing I was better at mine lol)
143. Do you believe Kurt Cobain killed himself or was it a conspiracy?
Honestly I don’t know enough about it.
144. Have you ever though about hitchhiking across the country?
No. and I never would.
145. Who would you bring with you on this kind of a road trip?
Justen Martian. 🙂
146. Of the following, which word best describes you: accurate, bold, charming, dependable
147. If you are single, at about what age do you think you will be ready to settle down and get married? If you are married, how old were you at the time?
I was 32! But I always thought I’d be much younger.
148. Do you often wonder, when you say goodbye to people, if it is the last time you will ever see them?
Often. I actually often think back to my last interactions with people and wonder if that’s how it’ll all end!
149. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing when it comes out?
The new The Lion King, for sure!
150. What is your quest?
151. What is louder and more annoying: 200 adults talking or one four-year-old screaming?
The adults FOR SURE.
152. Do you believe the stories about planes, boats and people mysteriously disappearing into the Bermuda triangle?
Yeah, but I think there’s more to it than things just randomly disappearing.
153. Who are you the most jealous of?
Probably people who are unapologetically themselves.
154. What is the happiest way you can start your day?
A cup of coffee and my husband having the day off of work.
155. Do you ever have moments where you feel like everything is all right in the world?
Yes. A cup of coffee, my husband having the day off of work, and having no real worries.
156. Who thinks that you are offensive?
I don’t know.
157. If you had to teach a class in something, what would you be able to teach people?
Um.. maybe how to sell clothes on Poshmark.
158. Have you ever had a spiritual experience (an experience that cannot be explained by science)?
159. Do you believe that this experience was truly mystical or do you think there is some scientific explanation for it, only you don’t know what it is?
I believe the explanation is God.
160. Do you get offended easily?
161. Would you still love and stay with your signifigant other if he or she had to have a breast or testicle removed?
162. Do you believe in fate or free will?
163. Do you believe that only boring people get bored?
164. Can life change or are we all stuck in vain?
165. What changes are you afraid of?
166. Are you a day person or nocturnal?
167. What one CD could you listen to for an entire week (no mixed CD’s, it must be an album)?
168. Which is worse, working in retail, food service, or an office?
169. What’s the coolest job you ever had?
170. What is one central idea that your thoughts seem to come back to?
171. Have you ever wanted to be an actor/tress?
172. If you had the power to control one person and make this person do anything you wanted for a whole day, who would you pick and what would they do?
173. What star sign are you and what is your sign like?
174. Did the Blair Witch Project scare you?
175. Are you in constant fear of death?
176. Does fear of death keep you from building a life?
177. Do you like all your movies to be in wide-screen?
178. Are you a fan of any comic books?
179. At what age did you attend your first funeral?
180. What do you smell like (lotion, cologne, sweat)?
181. What are your greatest sources for wisdom?
182. When you were little, where did your parents tell you babies come from?
183. What is your favorite band?
184. What’s the best cheesy 80’s song?
185. What’s the best kind of movie to see on a date?
186. Do you like to sit in the front, middle or back of the Movie Theater?
187. Have you ever been inside an abandoned building?
188. Under what circumstances would you agree to work for free?
189. Candles or strobe lights?
190. Do you think the Lord of the Rings movies are true to the books or did Hollywood change the story too much?
191. When you see a stranger on the street does your first reaction lean towards thinking of this person as a potential friend or as a potential threat?
192. Is it natural for human beings to fear and distrust each other, or is it cultural?
193. What do you really want to buy?
194. You have to choose. Would you be happier marrying someone rich for their money or living in the streets and subway tunnels with someone you love?
195. If someone wanted to understand you what book could they read that would help?
196. Do you think it’s odd that Americans have freedom of religion and yet call themselves ‘one nation under god’?
197. In what sense are you a minority?
198. Are you anti social?
199. Do you photograph well?
200. Do you think that human beings would survivor through a nuclear winter?