TWOsday v13

TWOsday // stephanieorefice.net

Hello friends of the internet! I’m so sorry this is late. I’m here in Nashville and I hadn’t anticipated being as EXHAUSTED as I was when I arrived – I fell asleep at like 8:30 pm on the floor of the girls’ bedroom. Wiped out.

So here’s your TWOSday, get ready!

ONE // TWINSANITY

// stephanieorefice.net// stephanieorefice.net

Layla dressed herself this morning, which meant her entire outfit was on backwards, and I brought a yellow balloon and they have been ALL ABOUT the yellow balloon. They’re my favorite tiny humans… just look at them!

TWO // CHRISTMAS GIFTS

As Christmas approaches, I keep thinking about Christmas gifts. A majority of what I’m giving is DIY of some sort (like the coffee scrub I wrote about last week). Today I was telling Ernie about how I want to give gifts that are consumable – like things that people “use up.” Giving gifts that are used up is a way to give Christmas gifts without adding to people’s clutter (which is what I’m actually DREADING this Christmas!).

I love this little soap set. There are 9 beautifully scented soap squares in a pretty package (and the colors of the soaps are beautiful, too!). Not that the package is the HUGEST deal, but it definitely helps keep the clutter at a minimum – you can keep them in the box until you’re ready to use them. Soap is something we all use, and buying a bar of soap seems really lame.

What other “consumable” gifts can you think of? Foods, soaps/scrubs… what else!?

christmas gifts // stephanieorefice.net IMG_6174

ALRIGHT.. again, sorry so late but link up if you’ve got a TWOsday post!

[inlinkz_linkup id=589487 mode=1]

I received a product mentioned in this post in exchange for an honest review through Tomoson.

1. December 8, 2015 / 1:52 pm

those twins are THE CUTEST!!!! and i’ve always kind of been a negative nancy towards gifts that’ll get used up because what’s the fun in giving something that won’t last? except you bring up a GREAT point that you aren’t giving something that’ll collect dust AND it’s something people will, by nature, USE. such a good idea (especially as i look around and cannot picture bringing more t h i n g s into this house).

• December 14, 2015 / 11:49 am

ugh, right? i love them so much.
      oh. i never really thought of it that way! i tend to be a very practical person so i want to give gifts that are useful… i guess it also sometimes can come across as really impersonal or whatever, but i think if we’re giving gifts to people we love then they already kind of have an idea of where we’re coming from with it, you know?

2. December 8, 2015 / 2:50 pm

We made my aunt a “movie night in” bucket with hot chocolate, Rum Chata, popcorn, a bowl, money for Redbox, and some treats for her puppies.

Rude, Disqus, I was not done commenting.

Anyway, the girls are ADORABLE. I will never understand how kids can put jeans on backwards though. So uncomfortable.

• December 14, 2015 / 11:53 am

BREENAH! I FREAKING LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!
      and RIGHT about the pants? layla was like “no i like them like this.” …what?

• December 14, 2015 / 1:17 pm

I’m glad you like it, I was slightly worried it was lame. She’s just so hard to shop for because her big things are the gym and her dogs, but she has just about everything she could need for either of those things.

3. December 8, 2015 / 6:01 pm

I really like the idea of consumable gifts. I started tweeting #emilieswishlist so that if people want to get me stuff they can get me things I actually need instead of “stuff”

• December 14, 2015 / 11:56 am

oh i love the hashtag idea!!! i have a pinterest board, and last year my mom totally went through and got me a few random things from it – it was so sweet! stuff like washi tape, an iPad bluetooth keyboard.. just small random things, and it was so fun 🙂

4. December 9, 2015 / 5:28 pm

Ah! Yes! I love the concept of ‘consumable’ Christmas presents and not adding to the clutter! I’m trying to give the gift of experiences and memory making/keeping versus more stuff.

• December 14, 2015 / 11:56 am

yes! the experiences and stuff! have you ever heard of advent conspiracy? that’s what kind of sparked it for me. such a cool message and idea.

• December 14, 2015 / 6:17 pm

I haven’t, but am totally going to check it out now!

5. December 13, 2015 / 10:11 am

I just have to say that that picture of the twins running is an amazing action shot. When I saw it on Instagram I was super impressed. And they are adorable!

• December 14, 2015 / 11:57 am

THANKS! i literally took like eighteen zillion because i was like “oh i love these two so much.” and when i saw it i was like “dang, this is awesome.” 🙂 glad someone agreed with me! ;D