I. love. talking. about. blogging.
Seriously. I really do. I’m not the best blogger in the world and I’m too scared of failure (aaaand let’s be real I’m fairly lazy) to actually TRY to grow my blog, but I LOVE TALKING ABOUT BLOGS!
I have the great fortune of knowing some of my blog friends in real life.
So here’s what I’ve realized happens when bloggers get together:
- We will inevitably talk about our favorite bloggers and/or bloggers we admire. and anyone who has talked to me about blogging knows that my #1 all-time ultimate most favorite, adored blogger of all time is Mary from Eat Drink and Be Mary… who is about to Eat, Drink and BE MARRIED!
- We’ll somehow stumble upon some sort of this or that conversation. You know, like… Adproval or Passionfruit, Blogger or WordPress. “Read More” option or not. Stock photos or taking pictures on your own. Things that only bloggers would get.
- Our page views will most likely come up. Hopefully if the other blogger(s) isn’t a jerk it’s not about whose is bigger. Susannah and I have roughly the same amount of page views each month, but her posts get WAY more interaction than mine. It’s cool to talk about.
- If I’m there and my computer is open, there will be a gazillion tabs open while I look up who or what you’re talking about and show you who or what I’m talking about. It’s just a thing. I want to brag about the members of my non-nearby tribe (Robyn and Julie, shout outs to you two!) or the cutest blog I recently discovered.
- Usually there will be instagram pictures. I’m not the best at this. I was able to attend a Passionfruit blogger open studio night once and I thought it was so funny that they took a group picture and went around and said “what’s your instagram so I can tag you?” and it was SO TRUE.
- The question or idea of “why do you blog?” WILL come up, because that is the lens in which I frame my entire blog conversations with fellow bloggers. Are we talking about ways you want to make money, or grow your follower count, or do you just love sharing pictures? The WHY is one of the most important questions a blogger can answer
- But. There will be at least ONE picture. Because if bloggers get together and not a single picture proves it.. then it probably didn’t happen.
In honor of bloggers getting together, I’m co-hosting a giveaway! Over the weekend we had a little Portland Christian Blogger get together and myself, Susannah + Ashley are giving away one of the swag bags from our meet up!
BUT FIRST! Let me tell you about the AMAZING ladies that supported our bloggers talking blog dream by partnering with us to provide super sweet swag bags.
There will be MULTIPLE winners, so enter + tell your friends. 🙂
Have you ever met up IRL with fellow bloggers?? Want to come visit the Northwest and hang out with us?? Just saying ;D