Latourell Falls

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.

My adventure shoes are coming out of hibernation. On one of the most beautiful days of the year so far, Mei-Ling and I took to the Columbia Gorge for looking at pretty things, as she kept saying.

We were on a bit of a time constraint so we went to lower Latourell Falls. The full upper loop is absolutely beautiful.. though back in November I experienced it with ice and snow and I did not love that at all. But on a nice sunny day, it’s so beautiful. TLC lied… go chasing waterfalls, because they’re so beautiful.

Latourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.net

My favorite part of the hike was stopping to take pictures of flowers and bugs and everything I saw. Sometimes people are like “put your camera and your phone down and just enjoy the moment,” but I find that I enjoy the moment MORE when I’m taking pictures of all of it…. anyone else???

Latourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.net Latourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.net Latourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.net
Latourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.netLatourell Falls, Columbia River Gorge // Oregon // stephanieorefice.net

1. May 12, 2015 / 10:12 am

….stick to the rivers & the lakes that you’re used to….

now that song is stuck in my head.. thanks! (honestly… i have that whole rap part memorized b/c i was obsessed with that song!)

• May 12, 2015 / 9:18 pm

hahahahaha!!! my friend ernie is releasing a 90s r&b cover album with that song on it, you’ll have to buy it. it’s pretty good!!! ;D

2. May 12, 2015 / 11:06 am

This looks like a gorgeous hike! I agree about taking pictures. I live in the moment too but sometimes I just want to be able to document it and look back on the moment, dang it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 12, 2015 / 9:18 pm

mattie! it’s SO PRETTY – this wasn’t even the big, beautiful hikeโ€ฆ it was the smaller, lower one. the upper falls is even more beautiful! there has to be a balance between the two, right? i wonder what it is :/

3. May 12, 2015 / 11:26 am

YES, I agree! I enjoy the moments more when I am capturing them on my camera! This way, we can perpetuate those moments and go back and relive them over and over again. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t know how many times I would have completely forgotten a special moment, had I not recorded it forever in a photo. The hike looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and for your sweet visit to my blog and the encouragement you left behind. It was so nice to “meet” you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 12, 2015 / 9:19 pm

Cheryl!
      yes!!! i loooove that ideaโ€ฆ i love that pictures remind me of things i definitely would have forgotten had i not taken a moment to document them. there’s just a balance, i think.. it probably lies in not living life FOR pictures, you know? that’s not genuine. just my thought.

4. May 12, 2015 / 11:11 pm

What beautiful photos! ๐Ÿ™‚ Really like the one where she’s standing next to the waterfall. Also, tea? Delicious. Thanks, random person.

• May 14, 2015 / 9:00 am

thanks allie! && right!? i took the picture and was like “i could go for a big cold cup of iced tea right about now.” always down for iced tea.

• May 14, 2015 / 10:00 am

Um, SAME. But being from Texas, mine is always sweet ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 14, 2015 / 12:26 pm

okay i’ve only ever had sweet tea at chick-fil-a and i think its bomb dot com.

• May 14, 2015 / 2:15 pm

That’s pretty much every good sweet tea ever. ๐Ÿ˜€ I love Chick-Fil-A’s sweet tea. Also that’s a hard restaurant name to type.

• May 19, 2015 / 10:44 am

man. what is it about sweet tea!!!
            i think there’s a chick-fil-a (totally hard to type) somewhere in washington nowโ€ฆ i’d better find it and eat all of it and down it with some sweet tea. craving it bad right now.

• May 21, 2015 / 3:11 pm

I love chicken tenders. They’re my go-to food for.. everything, really. hahaha

• May 21, 2015 / 4:25 pm

like in general or chick-fil-a? i don’t do well with gluten so i’m not really down with chicken tenders ๐Ÿ™

• May 14, 2015 / 9:00 am

come visit! lots of pretty things here ;D

• May 14, 2015 / 9:00 am

thank you anna! i’m working on my photography skillz ;D

5. mei-ling
    May 16, 2015 / 3:53 pm

6. Merlinda Little
    May 20, 2015 / 2:26 am

Lovely photos of a stunning place!

• May 21, 2015 / 3:02 pm

thank you so much! it’s so beautiful <3

7. May 20, 2015 / 9:07 am

What a beautiful set of photos! I have to make a conscious decision to take photos for awhile and then stop because I find that when I am taking pictures, I’m focused on just what’s in front of the camera. I see the trees but I miss the forest, so to speak. So I take pictures for a little bit and then I put the camera away to more fully enjoy the experience.

• May 21, 2015 / 3:02 pm

thank you!! ohhh i love that – you see the trees but miss the forest. that’s such a good, true thought about that. it’s definitely a balance!

8. May 25, 2015 / 8:04 pm

I *love* hiking Latourell Falls!! I grew up in Portland but have since moved to sunny (and dry) SoCal. Reading this post made me miss my old home… I totally love taking pictures of the little wild flowers and slugs. I’ve added you to my bloglovin blog roll!

• May 25, 2015 / 11:18 pm

it’s my favorite little falls! if i don’t have time, i’ll just go up to the first vantage point and sit on the bench and kind of get my heart right when i need it. i lived in social for a few monthsโ€ฆ DEFINITELY a big change from the pacific northwest wonderland up here. the hikes down there just don’t compare AT ALL! <3

9. May 27, 2015 / 5:47 pm

Hahaha “TLC lied” that’s hilarious!